Do you like working with your hands and want to become qualified in an industry that will allow you to work all over the world? Boat Building could be the best choice for you. Australia is recognised for providing highly skilled and technologically sound boat builders. The Cert III in Marine Craft Consruction course will provide students with the required skills to work in the boat building and repair industry in Australia and around the world.
Boat Builder and Repairer is currently on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
What does a Boat Builder do?
The Certificate III in Marine Craft Construction prepares student to perform a wide range of tasks in the Boat Building industry. You will be trained in numerous fields in the boat building industry such as:
- studying plans and specifications, and preparing templates and scale plans for fabrication and cutting of hull sections
- assembling shells of boats and erecting hull sections of ship
- installing masts, frames, decking, fittings, machines, shafts and safety equipment
- + Much more
You will also be guided by Qualified Trades People so you know that you are getting the best training available. Pathway To Aus is Partnered with some of the best Trade Schools in Australia so you have the piece of mind knowing that the Education you are getting is the best.
- Full Time Boat Builders earn an average of $1200.00 after tax each week.
- The Average hours worked by a Boat Builder in Australia are 47.3 (per week)
- Most Boat Builders work for large companies
Certificate III in Marine Craft Construction
Course Duration: 24 months
Common Course Requirements:
- Must have graduated year 10 in home country
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 in all 4 components
- This course includes 400 hours of vocational placement
- Graduates will be able to apply for trade recognition as a qualified tradesperson in the marine craft industy. Graduates will be skilled in many aspects of boat building industry including
- Fitting out internal and external components of marine craft
- Repairing wooden, fiberglass and composite vessels
- Installing engine drive systems
- Health and Safety
- Using power and hand tools
- + Much more
Boat Builder and Repairer (399111) – is currently on the Skilled Occupations List.
- Certificate III in Marine Craft Construction
- 2 years on the job experience
Options for a Temporary Graduate Visa
If undertaking study in Australia for a minimum of 2 years you may qualify for the Temporary Skilled Graduate Visa. This visa allows the holder 1.5 years unlimited work rights in Australia. Many graduates use this time to build up experience in their field or find an employer that is willing to sponsor their visa.
If you have applied for the Temporary Graduate Visa you may also be eligible to apply for the Job Ready Program. The Job Ready Program is run through TRA and allows graduates in certain disciplines to have their skills assessed for skilled migration purposes. It is a way for people to have their skills assessed without having the experience. Once the student receives a positive skills assessment they may be eligible to apply for permanent work visas such as State Sponsored and General Skilled Migration Visas.
Have a read through this article which details how by studying the right course it could greatly increase your prospects of obtaining a permanent visa.
*Note* It is never recommended to undertake study for soul the purpose of trying to gain a visa to Australia.
Job Forecast & Facts
- Over the five years to November 2018, the number of job openings for Boat Builders and Shipwrights is expected to be low (equal to or less than 5,000). Job openings can arise from employment growth and people leaving the occupation. Further information about job openings and projected employment growth is available on the Help page.
- Employment for this occupation fell markedly in the past five years and fell in the long-term (ten years). Looking forward, employment for Boat Builders and Shipwrights to November 2018 is expected to remain relatively steady.
- This is a very small occupation (5000 in November 2013) suggesting that opportunities may be quite limited in some regions.
- Boat Builders and Shipwrights have a high proportion of full-time jobs (87.4 per cent). For Boat Builders and Shipwrights working full-time, average weekly hours are 47.3 (compared to 41.1 for all occupations) and earnings are average – in the sixth decile. Unemployment for Boat Builders and Shipwrights is above average.
- The most common level of educational attainment is Certificate III/IV (67.9 per cent).
- Boat Builders and Shipwrights are mainly employed in Manufacturing, Other Services and Wholesale Trade
If you are interested in studying Boat Buiding in Australia contact Pathway to Aus to speak with one of our Education Agents. We can explain to you the course costs, duration and education providers so you better know your options.
P: +61(7)55327 000
Or Apply or Enquire online
Évaluation Gratuite – Demande d’information