Solid Plasterers have a very important roll in the construction industry today and are in short supply.
Solid Plasterer is currently on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
What does a Solid Plasterer Do?
Solid Plasterers apply plaster & protective coatings to Cement, Block & Brick walls during the construction phase. Solid Plasterers can also apply decorative finishes to internal and external walls using render or plaster depending on the application. Solid Plasterers also perform a range of “Finishing Work” in the final phase of the construction process:Preparing and Cleaning walls for paint, Smoothing of ceilings & walls, Creating straight and smooth angles on walls & Custom Build outs and Cavities. Pathway To Aus is Partnered with some of the best Trade Schools in Australia so you have the piece of mind knowing that the Education you are getting is the best.
- Full Time Solid Plasterers earn an average of $1060.00 after tax each week.
- The Average hours worked by a solid plasterer in Australia are 41.2 hours (per week)
- Plasterers can work independently or be part of a larger company.
Certificate III in Solid Plastering
Course Duration: 24 months
Common Course Requirements:
- Must have graduated year 12 in home country
- Must have a minimum of IELTS 5.5 in all 4 components
Graduates will be able to apply for trade recognition as a plasterer in Australia. Graduates will be skilled in many aspects of plastering and may find employment as a:
- Qualified Solid Plasterer
- Leading Hand
- Site Supervisor of a Plastering Crew
- Factory Foreman
Solid Plasterer (333212) – is currently on the Skilled Occupations List.
- Certificate III in Solid Plastering
- 2 years on the job experience
Options for a Temporary Graduate Visa
If undertaking study in Australia for a minimum of 2 years you may qualify for the Temporary Skilled Graduate Visa. This visa allows the holder 1.5 years unlimited work rights in Australia. Many graduates use this time to build up experience in their field or find an employer that is willing to sponsor their visa.
If you have applied for the Temporary Graduate Visa you may also be eligible to apply for the Job Ready Program. The Job Ready Program is run through TRA and allows graduates in certain disciplines to have their skills assessed for skilled migration purposes. It is a way for people to have their skills assessed without having the experience. Once the student receives a positive skills assessment they may be eligible to apply for permanent work visas such as State Sponsored and General Skilled Migration Visas.
Have a read through this article which details how by studying the right course it could greatly increase your prospects of obtaining a permanent visa.
*Note* It is never recommended to undertake study for soul the purpose of trying to gain a visa to Australia.
Job Forecast & Facts
- Over the five years to November 2018, the number of job openings for Plasterers is expected to be average (between 10,001 and 25,000). Job openings can arise from employment growth and people leaving the occupation. Further information about job openings and projected employment growth is available on the Help page.
- Employment for this occupation remained relatively steady in the past five years and rose slightly in the long-term (ten years). Looking forward, employment for Plasterers to November 2018 is expected to grow moderately.
- This is a large occupation (34,500 in November 2013) suggesting that opportunities should be available in many (but not all) regions.
- Plasterers have a high proportion of full-time jobs (88.6 per cent). For Plasterers working full-time, average weekly hours are 39.1 (compared to 41.1 for all occupations) and earnings are below average – in the fourth decile. Unemployment for Plasterers is above average.
- The most common level of educational attainment is Certificate III/IV (62.0 per cent).
- Plasterers are nearly all employed in Construction.
If you are interested in studying Solid Plastering in Australia contact Pathway to Aus to speak with one of our Education Agents. We can explain to you the course costs, duration and education providers so you better know your options.
P: +61(7)55327 000
Or Apply or Enquire online
Évaluation Gratuite – Demande d’information